Followers

Monday, July 2, 2018

Fighting the Important Fight

As many might say pick your fight. I’ve often thought about those who want the controversy of which day is the Sabbath. Explaining their belief in their righteous ways and reasoning. I’ve stood back and just pondered the thought of really does it make a difference?

I’ve thought about this question over the years many times. God is there a right day to celebrate your rest from work? I often think of my thoughts about theology as a whole, Lord your righteous people have splinted off into many semblances. The ones who say Saturday and the ones who say Sunday is your choice of the day of rest. I wasn’t there & there wasn’t a calendar or timepiece to definitively set the day.

So as we try to persuade one another of our right-ness I am brought to the time on my daughter’s funeral. Let me clarify this statement. The church I was a member at the time of my child’s death was small so whenever there was a need of a funeral or wedding we utilized a fellow Christian church of a different denomination. The hosting church’s pastor initiated the program and as he started he spoke of my child and had to stop and stated something like, let me stop before I preach her funeral. But the following statement he stated has remained with me always, “In heaven there will not be Baptist or Methodist.” And this is correct. No denominations will be recognized.

So in the scheme of life will it matter which day we choose to rest? I think not. God knows us better than we know ourselves. If our heart matches our actions to serve Him in obedience will the day of the week matter which day we celebrated his creation in rest? I don’t believe so. Now I know many will continue to keep this conversation going but I say to you, Let us fight the important fights…like souls for Him.

No comments: