Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

In the faith hurting the hurting

Today I’m in awe of how the Lord works matters out in His time.  For the past few weeks I’ve meditated on actions of the past in relationships that surrounded a significant family out of order death. Sometimes we believe that surrounding ourselves with believers will help to heal the wounds and emptiness left by death of a loved one. This thought is especially important when one’s family is outside the faith.

 When this death occurred I looked into my family member’s eyes and saw that they are more worried about themselves.  I also noticed immediately that I was the only one who could speak of the deceased person without being uncomfortable; still to this day it is true. It was my thought that liked minded persons of the faith would be different. Boy was I in for a rude awakening.

They too supported for a few weeks and in some cases a several months. However, the grieving process doesn’t have a time table. There needs to be support as long as it needed for the griever to proceed into healing. What I found out is that people go on with their lives and do not comprehend that the griever is still healing. They don’t call; nor ask about the deceased party, for the most part “It’s not their problem!” What happened to: “Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.” Romans 12:15 and “Bear one another’s burdens, and thus fulfill the laws of Christ.” Galatians 12:15 ( NASB)

For many years I have supplied support to those going through different life challenges and it never extended to a minimal involvement. Often times this support lasted many, many months. My conversation with our Father has allowed me to know when this support should be suspended or slowed. So… I implore you, be that support, remain stead-fast and diligent in uplifting those in need. This is not people mandated but godly commanded and it doesn’t have a timetable for its completion.   



Note: I would like to thank Reverend Cheryl; your willingness to just walk with me to address an injustice has allowed true forgiveness which allows peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen