Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Betrayal...Forgiven


Let’s open up the conversation about the … between betrayal to forgiveness. I’ve always accepted the promise of our Father that He didn’t want to lose not one of His sheep. But I have often had mixed thoughts on the fate of Jesus’ disciple Judas Iscariot. A God which is so loving would not want to lose a chosen one in his inner circle, even to achieve the ultimate goal of salvation for all of his lost sheep to sins dirty stain, would He? ““What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it?... ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’” Luke 15:4 & 6b NASB

This morning I pondered this thought over and over and then the Lord gave me a revelation. At Calvary and on a cross he accepted repentance from a convicted criminal. Our Lord hung between one criminal one who cursed and reviled Him and the other who acknowledged who He is, the Son of the Almighty. “And we indeed, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” Luke 23: 41-42 NASB And Jesus’ response to this criminal’s earnest repentance on his death throne was that He told him that he would be with Him today in paradise. “And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”” Luke 23:43 NASB

Even though Judas was a betrayer had he repented and asked for forgiveness even he could have been with our Lord in paradise. There is no, I say no, once again I say NO sin above my Jesus’ ability of forgiveness. It appears by Judas’ actions and un-forgiveness by hanging himself, that there wasn’t any repentance on his part. But I don’t know for certain, for as he hung himself did he ask for forgiveness, did he repent? I guess I shall have to wait until I meet my Jesus to know for certain.  

No comments: