Followers

Saturday, November 17, 2012

My child come back to Me

In my living room I have a numbered Paper Lithograph titled “Liberty” by Artist Thomas Blackshear. I purchased this piece of art October, 2001 during a visit to Little Rock, Arkansas. It is described as: Liberty by Thomas Blackshear depicts the Statue of Liberty with a tear in her eye as she overlooks the city of New York and Jesus can be seen in the clouds in the background.  (Part of description is retrieved from:  http://www.christcenteredmall.com/stores/art/blackshear/liberty.htm) This website also notes that the artist Thomas Blackshear purchased two of these published prints and gave one to President George W. Bush to hang in the Oval Office at the White House. At the bottom of the work is the caption: "If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." -- II Chronicles 7:14 KJV It is also noted that Mr. Blackshear had worked on this work for two year completing it September 2000 and after September 11, 2001 it sold out.

This artistic impression is so fitting to the plight of the United States. I was in prayer and the remembrance of the suffering and loss of life out east returned from September 11 to the new sorrow caused by nature by Supper Storm Sandy.  This is what my Lord brought to me: on October 30, 2012 at approximately 09:06 am “Thus says the Lord – U.S. you are warned, particularly the east coast. Your sin is ramped, get back to Me.” In some ways I almost see the events in the U.S.’s as a version of a modern Sodom and Gomorrah. But unlike Sodom and Gomorrah these modern cities on the east coast have had a two warning. And in this last disaster God’s promise of never destroying though the use of water, the rainbow, was vivid after the rain subsided.

No comments: