Followers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thank you Lord Jesus


Thank you Lord Jesus

When I awoke this morning, I started to pray. This prayer began with Thank you Lord. And as it progressed, I realized as much suffering that I believe I’ve lived here in this worldly existence it is NOTHING! Yes…nothing! My suffering could not compare to that of my Lord.

My thoughts of life up and downs, unhealed friendships, broken promises, lying individuals, and just plan out right selfishness of people today causes pain. But could you imagine knowing from the time of your birth that your purpose is to suffer an unimaginable death, especially since your life was blameless, spotless, and you spoke only the truth? This to me is the true definition of obedience unto death. “For as through the one man’s disobedience (Adam) the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One (Jesus) the many will be made righteous.” Roman 5:19 NASB

As we celebrate Easter let us not forget to say thank you Lord Jesus. You did it all for me! If you had not suffered on the cross and arose from the dead that Easter morn I would still be bound by my sins and laws of ancient times. You didn’t have to do it, but I’m glad you did. Hallelujah … He is Risen! “And they arose that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found gathered together the eleven and those who were with them, saying, “The Lord has really risen, and has appeared to Simon (Peter)”” Luke 24:33-34 NASB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thanks for posting.

Pastor Ward